Giving flowers, donating in honor of, and providing support are just some of the nicest ways to express your condolences to a bereaved family. However, very little can prepare you to be on the receiving end of such gifts.
Losing a loved one is never easy, and thanking people for their support can sometimes feel like a daunting task. So, if you’re not up for hand-written thank yous, then Davant Indy can help. With our Funeral Acknowledgement Cards, we can help you craft the right message so that you can express gratitude to every person or family member that’s stood by your side through this difficult time.
What Are Funeral Acknowledgment Cards?
Funeral Acknowledgment Cards are cards the bereaved loved ones can send as a “Thank You” to people for coming to the visitation, funeral, donating, sending flowers, or simply showing support in a time of need. These cards generally express gratitude, but they can also include poems or heartfelt messages about a particular person or group or even a special moment during the service. What’s included is entirely up to you.
Tips on Writing a Funeral Acknowledgment Card
Before writing a funeral acknowledgment card and having it printed, here are some tips on how to write such a card:
Include The Right Information
When you design these cards, the first thing you’ll want to include is the deceased and their area of residence, especially if you had family travel in from out of town or your loved one no longer lived in the same place they were born.
Make It Personal
Make your funeral acknowledgment cards personal by adding fond memories or a simple story with your loved one that is easy to read. You can even include their favorite scripture or poem. Sharing these little bits of your loved one with others will help their memory live on.
As we’ve already mentioned, these cards are sent out as a way to express thanks. But coming up with the right message after a funeral can be difficult. So, here are just a few examples of messages and phrases you can include in your cards:
- “Thank you for your sympathy during our time of loss. Your kind words are of great comfort to us as we try to come to terms with our loved one’s death.”
- “It was so thoughtful of you to think of me during my time of sadness. Your sympathy card and kind words of condolence are of great comfort to me as I grieve my (Father’s, Mother’s, Husband’s, Wife’s, etc) death.”
- “Thank you so much for the generous donation. That was very kind of you, and we are so grateful to have you in our lives.”
- “I am so appreciative of your generosity. Thank you for caring so much about [name] and our family.”
- “Just a quick note to show our appreciation for the beautiful flowers you’ve sent. We are grateful for your thoughtfulness while we are going through this difficult time.”
Who Should Acknowledgment Cards Go To?
Below are just a few of the people you should send acknowledgment cards to:
- Visitors at home, at the visitation/wake, and funeral attendees.
- Friends and relatives who didn’t attend but otherwise sent sympathies (cards, phone calls, flowers, etc.)
- Funeral home directors and employees
- Funeral service providers, such as religious leaders and musicians
- Anyone else who made a special contribution, whether it be donations, food, or emotional support
Benefits of Having Funeral Acknowledgment Cards Printed
Losing someone can be heartbreaking, so having printed acknowledgment cards can be beneficial.
Offer Comfort to Extended Family & Friends
Often, the immediate family is the only group to receive sympathy or support. However, your loved one might very well have people outside your home that were very important to them. This can include extended family and circles of friends. By including them in your acknowledgments, you give them something to hang on to as a memory that might offer them comfort through their own grieving process. This also ensures no one feels forgotten or left out, and you might just create a circle of support in the days ahead.
Starts the Healing Process
Acknowledgment cards are often that final goodbye. They provide closure to you, your family, and your friends. By having these printed and sent out, you can finally allow yourself to begin the healing process without a final task lingering over your head.
Quality & Care
When you opt to have your acknowledgment messages printed, you get more control over the quality of the card stock as well as the font. This aspect can be very important to some, as it shows that you care about the support and gifts you received. People often go above and beyond to express their sympathies, and by choosing a quality card and message you get to express the same in return.
Honor the Life of a Loved One with Davant Indy
Many people don’t realize the importance of funeral acknowledgment cards until they need them. Now that you know the benefits of having funeral acknowledgment cards printed, you can honor the life of a loved one with the help of Davant Indy. We recognize the importance of a well-executed print at Davant. And we are committed to giving you all the materials needed to make your printed cards appropriate and heartfelt. Our team of experienced professionals is here to assist you throughout the entire printing process. Contact us at anytime.