Photo Credit: https://unsplash.com/photos/c2awyjytArA
Custom Apparel Trends for Summer
Whether it’s bucket hats, slouchy tees, animals prints or jersey tanks, custom apparel for the summer months is a smart way to have fun with your brand. The styles change from year-to-year, and we have some on-trend suggestions as to how to appeal to a wide variety of people.
What are the design trends in custom apparel?
When it comes to design trends that can be incorporated into your custom apparel screen printing designs, 2019 brings bold retro designs, understated artwork and soft designs that draw from nature:
- Retro Imagery: With a simple and retro graphic tee, you can dress your look up or down. Designers are kicking it back to the ’60s and ’70s with retro fonts in bright colors. Using a groovy font in a color that stands out is an easy way to create a simple graphic tee that is easy to pair with other custom apparel garments.
- Simple Line Drawings: Using larger designs with more dynamic mark-makings is a great way to make a one-color t-shirt design still feel artistic and thoughtful. The textural, hand-drawn look of these custom apparel graphics prints really well on garments, especially t-shirts.
- Florals and Natural Designs: Flowers are beautiful and can be represented in so many ways, but they also carry a broad array of symbolism as well. They can stand for growth and beauty, or a fresh start. Floral themes are holding strong this year and can be as simple as framing words or phrases that hold the most weight in the design.
- Geometric Designs: Remember those quirky and geometric drawings from the ’90s? The primary colors (red, yellow, and blue) work surprisingly well together, especially when combined with fun patterns and linework. Some designers have used a single, vibrant accent color combined with an abstract line drawing to create a great looking shirt.
What are color trends in custom apparel?
From fashionistas to decorators to graphic designers, the entire creative world eagerly awaits Pantone’s Color of the Year each year. The Color of the Year is always sure to dominate throughout the year. The 2019 selection is Living Coral, a fresh, punchy pink that’s painting store racks and graphic artwork.
In addition to Living Coral, there are plenty of bold, intriguing hues you can add to your apparel and ink lineup in custom apparel this summer. Bold cobalt blue is trending as a popular color, as well as a complement to coral and other popular 2019 hues.
Make it pop!
The bright neons of the 1990s are once again popular. As was the case then, we are seeing overlapping neons this year. This makes it an option to print with multiple neon inks on a black or white substrate, or print neon inks on a neon garment.
Bold, golden yellows, bright magentas and deep earth tones like sage are other eye-catching options. If you’re looking to print on lighter garments while honoring 2019’s most popular hues, choose lighter shades such as buttery yellow, fresh spring green and light blue. For neutrals, oat seems to be a standout in 2019.
What are accessory trends in custom apparel?
- Backpacks and fanny packs: They’re ba-ack! If you’re looking for something fresher than tote bags or draw-string backpacks to offer, consider mini backpacks or fanny packs, both of which have moved from fashion faux pas to fashion trend in 2019.
- Rustic details: Satchels with rustic details, such as buckle closures, leather trim and plaid lining, also are popular apparel options to consider this summer.
- Bucket hats: Yes, this quintessential ’90s accessory has hit peak fashionability for another time. So, if you’re after a new and stylish way to shield your face from the sun, be sure to consider a custom brand on the front of a bucket hat.
Do you need help coming up with custom apparel options for the summer?
By staying up to date on the latest styles, you can be ready to meet the needs of your screen printing clients by offering the garments they’ll be looking for and by providing them with custom apparel that meets their needs while appearing modern and fashionable. Give us a call to discuss your project! We’d love to help: (317) 849-6565.